Monday, September 21, 2009

Guac-a-mole!

How was your manic Monday?

Mine started with a overly hectic 5 hours at work (T-minus 10 days - more on that later) and when I left, I had a suzie homemaker itch to cook dinner. But not just cook dinner (I love to cook but I don't cook a variety of things) I wanted to cook something I've never cooked before.

I thought about...called the DH for ideas....and decided if I wasn't going to cook, I'd want On the Border's Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas. So that's what I cooked :) Well attempted....

Usually if I want a recipe of a dish from a chain restaurant, trusty Google always delivers - but no luck. It wasn't even listed on their menu anymore.

I searched Recipezaar, Martha, and AllRecipes but found the winner on a random forum.

I spent the rest of the afternoon coupon cutting, filling an order, ran into DH on his way in and my way out (perfectly timed right?), braving the post office, and doing a grocery run.

Once home, it only took about 50 minutes from grocery bags to the table. Even DH helped as the official green chili chopper - except he cheated. He busted out our never used wedding gifted mini food processor. I can not believe we have not used it in the 15 months we've been married. It is awesomely efficient.

Once DH discovered the processor - we instantly had chopped chilis, guacamole, and pico de gallo. Who knew right?

I took a couple of pictures of everything but really, enchiladas in a 9 x 13 do not look visually appealing so I will only subject you to



Guacamole!

Dinner was pretty good I think - a bit spicy but DH really liked it! The sauce was the best part!

Things to remember for next time - don't listen to DH and do fry the tortillas beforehand, less green chilis, and get cotija cheese!

In case you were wondering - the recipe I used is here. I tried to copy and paste it here but blogspot won't let me :( The recipe is in the 2nd response from the top by member: NightFlier.

Enjoy and let me know how it goes if you try it!

No comments: