Monday, September 7, 2009

Proud parents!

The North American Reptile Show was at the Anaheim Convention near Disneyland this holiday weekend.

DH was excited (that doesn't even do it justice, you'd think he was a kid going to Disneyland for the first time) and we were there bright and early Saturday morning!

I've always been into animals - wanted to be a vet for most of my childhood. I even had Bearded Dragons (eight of them!) as a kid and bred them. They were so cute!

So I was excited too!

There was so many people there and soooooo many reptiles, snakes, and even creepy crawlies. I can't do the creepy crawlies. I'm cringing just thinking about all the hissing cockroaches, scorpions, and spiders I saw. No thank you!

He was the show stopper. So many people were taking pictures of this guy! He was pretty mellow and awesome looking. He was probably loving the attention or maybe not.
They look plastic.
Cute right?
DH's favorite - little hog nose snake. I have to admit he is really cute.
We have 2 female Crested Geckos at home and DH has been thinking about breeding them like 3-4 months down the line.
We walked around the place about 4 times and then decided that it would be more cost effective to get a male Crested Gecko now. Plus everything we needed was all right there. So we circled the place another 2 times looking at all the males and then decided on this guy.
Meet Leo! I think he's pretty cute and I think the girls think he's pretty cute too!

1 comment:

Bathgasm said...

Ahhh! :) So awesome! I love reptiles. I went to college intending to be a herpetologist! Weird, huh?